Under Directive n. 2011/83/EU, implemented with the Italian Legislative Decree. N. 21/2014 which has made changes to the Consumer Code came into force last June, which introduces greater protection for consumers, was drafted the Decalogue Warranty for purchases made at a distance.
The main points of the text, which you can download HERE, are, in summary, the following:
- Stop in hidden charges and fees on the Internet;
- Increased price transparency;
- Prohibition of pre-ticked boxes on websites;
- Period of 14 days to change your mind on a purchase;
- More redemption rights;
- Introduction of a standard withdrawal form throughout the European Union;
- Elimination of surcharges for use of credit cards and telephone support;
- Clearer information on the costs of returning the goods;
- More protection for consumers in purchasing digital;
- More safeguards and standards for businesses.